Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Books I love

I'm a bookworm. I LOVE books. I read at least 3 books a week! I'm always looking for something interesting to read. I HATE cliche, unoriginal and cheesy books. I cannot stand them! It's difficult to find books that suite me. So I came up with a list of books that I absolutely love!

1) I want to go home by Gordon Korman
This book kept me laughing the whole time! Every time I read this book, my stomach hurts afterwards because is so darn funny! It's about a boy named Rudy Miller and he is sent off to camp (it's on an island) . He hates it. He meets Mike, a boy who hates the camp almost as much as he does. The whole time he's at camp, he tries to leave. Miller is a hilarious character! Everything he does cracks me up. This book is an easy read that keeps you entertained the whole time. This book is written for all ages.

2) Playing with Fire by Derek Landy
This is a great book full of action and adventure. It keeps you excited. It's an interesting plot and characters. There is barely any humour but the book is still pretty good. This book is good for people who like a lot of action, fighting and an original plot. This book is good for people 12/13+.






3) The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
This book is amazing! I read it more than 3 times and I barely every re-read books. L.J. Smith is the author of The Night World series. I like this book because it is very creative and original. Some parts were kinda scary, at least for me. It has a bit of love and romance but it's mostly an action packed book. It's about a girl named Jenny and she buys a game for her boyfriend and friends to play. As they begin the game, they are sucked into the game. The game becomes a reality and they are forced to face their deepest fears and phobias. This is an awesome book that is perfect for almost everyone. I think this book is more for people ages 13+.


4) The City of Ember series by Jeanne DuPreau
These books are awesome! Again, the plot is original and full of surprises!
The series consists of four books; The City of Ember, The People of Sparks, The Prophet of Yonwood and The Diamond of Darkhold. These books are more for younger kids, (12+) but they are still an amazing read! These books are so good! They kept me wanting more and more! I couldn't put them down! That's how good they were!





5) Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Sarah Dessen is my favourite author. I read almost all her books and there wasn't one that I didn't like! She's a talented author that writes books for people ages 13/14+. Her books are usually full of love, romance, problems and adventure. In almost all her books, the main character falls in love and then faces a problem. One time, the guy the main character liked had an abusive father.Most of Sarah Dessin's characters are quiet, observant, and have loud and outgoing friends. Each of her books are unique and most of all, they are original!


There you have it! My top 5 favourite books! As you can see, I really like originality, love/romance, adventure, humour and excitement! Now-a-days, it's really difficult to find a book that has everything I want. Too many books are cliche or/and are about vampires/werewolves. These are not all the books I enjoy ,but the titles/authors I mentioned, are my all time favourite.  In my opinion, books are works of art. Everyone has a different perspective and opinion. These were the books I'm head-over-heels in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment