Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Friends

I don't really know why I'm writing this, but I am. Here goes nothing. We all have friends. At least we think we do. As we grow up and mature, we start to realize that not everyone is a true friend and it becomes more difficult to find real friendship. There are friends who you've known forever. There are friends that pretend and are fake. There are friends who are just acquaintances. There are friends who don't care and it's a one way street. There are friends who keep you as a spare tire. And there are friends who are truly your friends and they mean the world to you. I have experience with all of these type of friends. 

I have this one friend that I've been close to since grade 4. She's just plain awesome! We don't see each other anymore because I moved in grade 6 but we are still in touch (via email).We've been friends for more than four years and we're still pretty tight. She gives me advice and I help her out. She's a true friend that I'm glad to have.

There is this other person who I've known for about two years. We've been really close for the two years I've known her but we have many fights now-a-days. I starting to question our friendship. I feel like a spare tire. Everytime she quarrels with her friends, she comes to me. When their friendship is back on tracks, she ditches me. I feel left out when I'm around and I find a lot of times she doesn't even listen to what I'm saying. I know that she doesn't really care though she says she does. Everytime I try to talk to her, she calls me self-centered and selfish. Somehow, we're still friends but I know our friendship won't go far.

This year, I have become very close with a person. I don't know how I'll survive next year without her! She's always there for me. I tell her everything and she tells me everything. It's not a one way street like with other people. She knows when I'm upset, when I want to cry and when I'm lying. I don't think I'll find a friend like her ever again. She's been with me through tough times. She makes me smile when all I want to do is cry. She is a truly awesome friend. :)

Last but not least, I have this (now called) acquaintance. We've known each other for about two years. We've been close for a while and then drifted apart. Sometimes I think she doesn't care and I feel like it's a one way street. At times, when I try to start a conversation, she either ignores or makes it uncomfortable. Me and other people try to fix this relationship but it feels like the other person doesn't want.isn't trying. I guess it was fun while it lasted. I guess it doesn't matter cause I won't see her next year.

Once again, I don't know why I wrote this. I guess I was out of ideas and this was one of the topics close to my heart. I have a LOT of experience with good and bad friendships. In the end, I learn and try not to repeat the same mistake. Friends come and go. But good friends will always be there. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment